I recently wrote a children’s book and I’m still learning about my publishing options. It seems like such a difficult and expensive process, but being a published author would really be a dream come true for me! In addition to children’s books, I would eventually love to take some of the posts I’ve written on Just Me! (and Him) (and Them) along with new essays and compile them into a real live grown-up’s book. I think (well, more like daydream) about this fairly often. I am constantly jotting down ideas for awesomely entertaining stuff that would most definitely make me an Oprah book club author. (Hey! I said daydream okay?) Mostly, I think about the book’s title. My friend Shannon suggested one the other day that I have added to the list:
Stupid Shit I’ve Heard About Breastfeeding
By Annie Yeoman of Just Me! (And Him) (And Them)
I like it a lot! And it is true. I’ve decided to share the other possible titles and get some input from my wonderful readers. Here’s my list so far:
– You may remember that story…
I’m Showering Alone Today!
– I declare this when I’m completely touched out and need three minutes to myself.
There Is A Dirty Diaper In My Purse
– Because there usually is for some reason.
Turn It On, Plug It In
Ways To Impress Your Gynecologist
– I try.
Books, Bobos, and Blow Dryers
– Three B’s I’m begged for daily.
The Wheels Are Falling Off Fast
– My cry for help when it is all crumbling down around me.
You Just Spit Corned Beef In My Eye
– Honestly said to Truman on St. Patrick’s Day.
That’s Not Funny, It’s Mean
– Said almost every day, and at least ten times yesterday.
Please Stop Flushing; And Other Ignored Requests
– Definitely said every day.
Is This About Crackers?
– See Mother Lovin’ Stratchers
You Cannot Put Magnets In Your Mouth!
– Not allowed. Still attempted.
You Cannot Run Around With The Lap Top
– Also not allowed. Still attempted.
Get Your Feet Off Of Your Brother’s Head
– Please, for the Love of God.
I Have Poop Running Down My Arm
It Sure Smells A Lot Like Shit In This Van!
Why Does My Toddler Hate Me? Musings Of A Tired Mother
– Things I ponder at 3:00 am.
So, this is by no means a final list. There is plenty of time before I’m ready to publish my book so I am sure I’ll have a few new title options by then. What is your favorite so far?